Hello! Welcome to our technical website today’s article is going to be very helpful and beneficial.
Well, today I am going to tell you about all the key features of an e-shram card including its benefits, registration process and eligibility.
So, before knowing what an e-shram card is, it is important to know why it is launched and who launched it.
So, basically it was launched by the ministry of labour and employment under the government of India to form a database of workers in unorganised sectors on August 26 last year.
- It is basically launched to form a database of workers including migrant workers, gig workers, domestic workers, agriculture workers etc in unorganised sectors.
- It has been checked that more than 37,23,639 people have registered on the portal across the country in the last 24 hours and still a lot of people are trying to register on it.
- As the government had said, all the social security benefits related to the central and state government should be given to the eligible person who registered with the E-SHRAM portal.
- There are around 400 occupations which are already added on this portal which will help the government to address social security welfare schemes.
- It has been declared that all the registered workers will also get Accidental Insurance of 2 lac under PMSBY.
HOW TO REGISTER: For registration following documents are necessary-
- Aadhaar number
- Aadhaar linked active mobile number
- Bank account details
- Age should be between 16-59 years
Go through the following steps for online registration-
Step 1: Search the official web address of e-Shram portal page – https://www.eshram.gov.in/ in the search bar of any internet browser.
Step 2: On the homepage, click on the “Register on e-SHRAM” link/section.
Step 3: Once you click on it, the user will be redirected to a new page https://register.eshram.gov.in/#/user/self
Step 4: On the Self Registration, the user has to enter their Aadhaar linked mobile number. (It is a preferred option).
Step 5: Enter the captcha and select if they are members of Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) or the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) option and click on send OTP.
Step 6:The user then has to go through the subsequent process by entering bank account details etc. to complete the registration process.
ELIGIBILITY: The eligibility criteria is any workers who is not a member of (ESIC) or (EPFO) or not a government employee are eligible for registration. This can be any self-employed worker, wage worker or any home based worker in the unorganised sector even the workers from organised sector who are non government employees are eligible for the registration.
Techwithrakshit.in is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.in. Additionally, we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links, As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. DMCA.com Protection Status
Learn more about Techwithrakshit on our About Us page